You can dig your own amethyst for yourself.
The most popular
In the morning you will meet your guide at your hotels reception area and begin your journey. The drive takes about one and a half hours. You will travel to the Lampivaara amethyst mine via a special “snow train”, the Amethyst Pendolino, which is a warmed wagon pulled by a snow vehicle. The Pendolino will take you to the top of Lampivaara fell, where you can enjoy the highest view of the area overlooking the Pyhä-Luosto National park. After a brief introduction you will be guided towards the main digging area.
- During the guided tour you will learn about the geology that created the mine and the amethysts within
- A part of the open digging area is covered by a roof, so amethyst searching is possible throughout the winter time
- Each visitor will be able to dig for their own personal lucky amethyst
Digging your own lucky stone is included as well.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Amethyst mine guided tour
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Amethyst Pendolino snow train to a top of the hill
- Hot drinks
The amethysts of Lampivaara fell were created over 2,000 million years ago, nestled deep in the depths of the ancient mountains.
- The best tour for families
- You can book the tour for every day in winter rime
- In the end of the tour you can visit a small “Amethyst Shop” on site
- The amethyst of the area is refined into jewellery and other productions.
- The tour is free for infants
Please, fill the form if you have any questions. We will reply you as soon as possible. Also write to us about cooperation, group and individual tours in Rovaniemi.