You can dig your own amethyst for yourself.
AMETHYST MINE IN SUMMER
Find your lucky gem!
The most popular
Suitable for everybody
Your adventure begins when we pick you up from your hotel or apartment. The drive takes approximately 1 and a half hours. We continue our tour with a 2km hike to the Lampivaara hill, with the Amethyst mine nestled on top, located in the vicinity of the Luosto recreation centre among the beautiful Lappish landscape. After a brief introduction you will be headed to the main excavation area.
- During the guided tour you will learn about the geology that created the amethyst
- The mine at the top of the hill introduces you to the fascinating world of gemstones
- Each visitor will be able to dig for their own personal lucky amethyst
INCLUDED IN THE TOUR
Here you can check the list
The sustainable Amethyst mine is possibly the only gemstone mine in the world that welcomes visitors.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Amethyst mine guided tour
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Digging your own amethyst
- Hot drinks
Here you can read extra information
The amethysts of Lampivaara fell were created over 2,000 million years ago, nestled deep in the depths of the ancient mountains.
- The best tour for families
- You can book the tour for every day by ruquest
- At the end of the tour you can visit a small “Amethyst Shop” on site
- The amethyst gems of the area are refined into jewellery and other products
- The tour is free for infants
GET IN TOUCH!
Have any questions? Contact us!