You can dig your own amethyst for yourself.
The most popular
Your adventure begins when we pick you up from your hotel or apartment. The drive takes approximately 1 and a half hours. We continue our tour with a 2km hike to the Lampivaara hill, with the Amethyst mine nestled on top, located in the vicinity of the Luosto recreation centre among the beautiful Lappish landscape. After a brief introduction you will be headed to the main excavation area.
- During the guided tour you will learn about the geology that created the amethyst
- The mine at the top of the hill introduces you to the fascinating world of gemstones
- Each visitor will be able to dig for their own personal lucky amethyst
The sustainable Amethyst mine is possibly the only gemstone mine in the world that welcomes visitors.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Amethyst mine guided tour
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Digging your own amethyst
- Hot drinks
The amethysts of Lampivaara fell were created over 2,000 million years ago, nestled deep in the depths of the ancient mountains.
- The best tour for families
- You can book the tour for every day by ruquest
- At the end of the tour you can visit a small “Amethyst Shop” on site
- The amethyst gems of the area are refined into jewellery and other products
- The tour is free for infants