Here, in Lapland, you can see the Northern Lights 200 nights a year on average.
The most popular
This snowmobile safari departs in the evening and is a unique experiences to discover the magical, snowy forests at night. The snow, illuminated by the moon and stars above will give you a chance to experience an adventure away from the lights of the city as you travel to areas for a view of the open sky. Your guide will light a bonfire and you will be able to enjoy a quiet picnic while waiting for the Northern Lights to appear.
- For taking proper photos in darkness, we recommend that you bring along a tripod for your camera
- Everyone can grill traditional Finnish “makkara” sausages on the fire
- A clear sky at night is best for aurora hunting
A must-have experience to see the myriad of colours of the Northern Lights in the Lappish sky.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Snowmobile driving for 15-25km
- Professional English-speaking guide
- BBQ with campfire
- Thermal clothing and equipment
The driver of a snowmobile has to be at least 15 years old and hold a valid driver license – A1, T, A or B category (please check that it is valid in Finland)
- Safari participants are held liable for damages caused to snowmobiles. The maximum amount of it is 900 €
- Warm clothes are included in the price
- There is a higher chance of seeing the Northern Lights if the sky is clear
- The tour is not recommended for young children