Snowmobiles are fantastic experience for you in Rovaniemi.
FULL DAY SNOWMOBILE SAFARI WITH ICE FISHING
The most popular
This is a full day snowmobile tour for those who really want to do snowmobiling and experience the best of Lapland’s wilderness. We will make several stops along the way to enjoy the frozen nature and landscapes. There will be a longer break for a delicious lunch, which fills you with energy for the afternoon ahead. There are hundreds of kilometers of snowmobile trails to choose from and the guide will decide the best possible direction based on your riding skills and weather conditions. After following the tracks to one of the frozen lakes or rivers, the guide will signal a longer break and it is time to test your luck at ice fishing, the favourite hobby of many laplanders. The Ice fishing equipment will be unpacked and after a little walk on the ice, you will learn how to drill a hole and set your fishing hook. In the afternoon we will take a coffee break in the forest and soon after that it is time to turn back towards home.
- All equipment for the ice fishing is included in the tour
- Two adults ride on one snowmobile, single riding is available for an extra charge. This is an adults only tour!
- Please note you will stay outdoors for minimum 8 hours and have a long snowmobile ride
INCLUDED IN THE TOUR
Duration of the program is 8 hours, including preparations.
- Return transfers from Rovaniemi city centre hotels
- Snowmobile driving includes instructions and a safety briefing
- Soup lunch and hot drinks prepared at the campfire plus a snack break in the wilderness during the ride
- Ice fishing experience with the possibility to prepare and eat you freshly-caught fish
- Guidance is in English, other languages on request
Safari participants are held liable for damages caused to snowmobiles. The maximum amount of it is 900 €.
- The driver of a snowmobile has to be at least 15 years old and hold a valid driver license – A1, T, A or B category (please check that it is valid in Finland!)
- Warm clothes are included in the price
- Tour is not recommended for children
- Short stops throughout the tour to take photos of the beautiful scenery