You can dig your own amethyst for yourself.
The most popular
Join us on this 2-hour tour outside of Rovaniemi and you’ll gain an appreciation for the prospectors who arrived here more than 100 years ago. The water here is seriously cold, but this quick stroll into Lapland’s gold-fever-influenced past offers a fun lesson, as well as a pleasantly short turn at panning in that icy water yourself—with a guarantee that you’ll score a little gold to take home.
- During the guided tour you will learn about the history of Lapland
- A BBQ at the campfire is a fantastic experience
- Each visitor will be able to dig for their own personal gold pieces
The sustainable Amethyst mine is possibly the only gemstone mine in the world that welcomes visitors.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Digging your own pieces of gold
- BBQ with hot drinks
- All equipment for getting the gold
At one time, Lapland was a region with lots of gold flowing through the rivers.
- Family friendly tour
- You can book the tour for every day in summer and autumn
- The tour is free for infants