Minimum height for floating 120 cm.
The most popular
Polar Explorer tourist Icebreaker offers 3 hours cruise in the frozen water of Bothnian sea in Lapland. During 3 hours you will be a witness of a massive ice breaking power of the vessel, have a guided tour all the way down to the engine rooms and all way up to Captain’s bridge. Tour is available on 16 languages via audio guide application and includes 11 min movie in icebreaker cinema about icebreakers all over the world. You can relax in the cozy saloon, enjoying warm juice or go for walk on the frozen sea ice during the stop. The icebreaker makes a pool free of ice and every visitor can take a swim in the dark icy water in flotation survival suit. The captain will present Cruise & Swim Certificate to everyone as a memorable gift.
- 3h Icebreaker cruise is a unique Arctic experience in the Gulf of Bothnia
- The union of the majestic steel, ice and the sea will be unlike anything else you’ve ever experienced
- We will pass some small Swedish villages and towns then have lunch in one of them
Imagine a calm, frozen, white sea where the waters are covered with solid ice, stretching out as far as the eye can see.
- Transffer from Rovaniemi
- Icebreaker cruise for 3 hours
- Audio guide to icebreaker tour
- Ice floating in survival suite
- Lunch and hot drinks
- Cruise and swim certificate
Imagine… the sound of cracking ice, broken plates of white, rising from the icebreakers hull letting dark water majestically spray out.
- Family friendly tour
- You can book the tour for every day in winter rime by request
- In the beginning of winter ice is not more than 30-50cm thick but by April it could reach up to 1,5m
- The tour is free for infants