Welcome to local workshop!
The most popular
We start with a pick-up service from Rovaniemi city centre and a 20 minutes transfer to the local master at a traditional Finnish house, which is also a workshop used for the production of souvenirs and knives. Through your experience you will get acquainted with the craftsman’s family, create a unique souvenir out of Lapland raw materials, try Lappish delicacies and much more. The programme provides a unique opportunity to get acquainted with the culture, traditions, cuisine and learning from the true masters about their craft.
- Reindeer antlers have long been a raw material for the indigenous peoples of Lapland, both for tools and decorative items
- The reindeer naturally shed their antlers every year, thereby providing a ready source of this raw material
You will learn about the long established traditions, as well as reindeer antler working in general.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Lappish handicraft workshop experience
- English-speaking guide
- Visit a log-built Lappish house and see traditional items
- Coffee, tea and sweetbreads
- Craft your own small object from reindeer antler as a souvenir
Learn how antlers are eco-friendly for being shed by reindeers every year
- Family friendly tour
- The tour for a small group
- The tour is free for infants
- Irene Kangasniemi is the local master for your master-class