Welcome to local workshop!
REINDEER ANTLER SECRET
The most popular
Suitable for everybody
We start with a pick-up service from Rovaniemi city centre and a 20 minutes transfer to the local master at a traditional Finnish house, which is also a workshop used for the production of souvenirs and knives. Through your experience you will get acquainted with the craftsman’s family, create a unique souvenir out of Lapland raw materials, try Lappish delicacies and much more. The programme provides a unique opportunity to get acquainted with the culture, traditions, cuisine and learning from the true masters about their craft.
- Reindeer antlers have long been a raw material for the indigenous peoples of Lapland, both for tools and decorative items
- The reindeer naturally shed their antlers every year, thereby providing a ready source of this raw material
INCLUDED IN THE TOUR
Here you can check the list
You will learn about the long established traditions, as well as reindeer antler working in general.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Lappish handicraft workshop experience
- English-speaking guide
- Visit a log-built Lappish house and see traditional items
- Coffee, tea and sweetbreads
- Craft your own small object from reindeer antler as a souvenir
Here you can read extra information
Learn how antlers are eco-friendly for being shed by reindeers every year
- Family friendly tour
- The tour for a small group
- The tour is free for infants
- Irene Kangasniemi is the local master for your master-class
GET IN TOUCH!
Have any questions? Contact us!