Welcome to Reindeer farm!
REINDEER FARM VISIT & SHORT SELF-DRIVING
With lunch at a traditional Finnish restaurant
The most popular
Suitable for everybody
Your excursion starts with pick-up from your hotel or apartments and transport to the lovely Sierijärvi reindeer farm. This event must be celebrated, so a national supper awaits all newly-made Lapps. Enjoy reindeer meat, cooked according to an ancient recipe, with lingonberry sauce, mashed Lappish potatoes, pickles, sweet dessert and juice. Following a detailed introduction to reindeer life, you will have a unique opportunity to pass a test and obtain your special reindeer sleigh «driving licence» without any age restrictions.
- Get up close to the reindeers and learn about reindeer husbandry
- Learn about the reindeers from an informative local guide
- Getting cold? Warm yourself up next to the open fire in the hut
INCLUDED IN THE TOUR
Here you can check the list
Residents and farmers of this area have been engaged in reindeer breeding for over 400 years.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Self-driving reindeer safari for 400-500m
- Safety and driving instructions
- Guided tour on the reindeer farm
Here you can read extra information
Enjoy a reindeer-pulled sleigh ride through a snowy forest.
- Family friendly tour
- You can book the tour by request
- Warm clothes are included in the price
- The tour for infants is free
GET IN TOUCH!
Have any questions? Contact us!