Welcome to Sierijärvi Reindeer farm!
The most popular
Your excursion starts with pick-up from your hotel or apartments and transport to the lovely Sierijärvi reindeer farm. This event must be celebrated, so a national supper awaits all newly-made Lapps. Enjoy reindeer meat, cooked according to an ancient recipe, with lingonberry sauce, mashed Lappish potatoes, pickles, sweet dessert and juice. Following a detailed introduction to reindeer life, you will have a unique opportunity to pass a test and obtain your special reindeer sleigh «driving licence» without any age restrictions.
- Get up close to the reindeers and learn about reindeer husbandry
- Learn about the reindeers from an informative local guide
- Getting cold? Warm yourself up next to the open fire in the hut
Residents and farmers of this area have been engaged in reindeer breeding for over 400 years.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Lunch at the traditional Finnish restaurant on the farm
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Self-driving reindeer safari for 400-500m
- Safety and driving instructions
- Guided tour on the reindeer farm
Enjoy a reindeer-pulled sleigh ride through a snowy forest.
- Family friendly tour
- You can book the tour by request
- Warm clothes are included in the price
- The tour for infants is free