Wild berries and mushrooms can be freely picked in Finland’s forests under everyman’s right, but be careful which varieties you pick, as some berries and fungi are poisonous. But no worries, your experienced nature guide will help you determine eatable options. Besides being an adventure for the senses, a hike through the varied terrain amidst unspoiled nature is also the best possible exercise.
The most popular
- Lapland is the world’s largest natural area for picking organic berries and mushrooms
- The berries nurtured by the midnight sun are also healthy, and can be eaten just as they are when you find them
The unforgettable experience and positive emotions.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Professional English-speaking guide
- BBQ with sausages (or vegeterian option) at a campfire
- You can bring mushrooms and berries back to your hotel, if you find them!
The best picking season for most mushrooms and berries runs from late July to early October.
- We will take you on a ride to a secret berries’ & mushrooms’ picking area, so be ready to pick up these healthy gifts of nature
- During our walk we fill up our baskets and of course taste some berries. We will have a break and taste some local snacks with coffee and juice
- Trip is suitable also for families with children
- Please note : the tour operates in all weather conditions