Snowmobiles are fantastic experience for you in Rovaniemi.
The most popular
This snowmobile safari will give you a chance to ride your own snowmobile on the forest trails around Santa Claus Village area then enjoy an exciting reindeer ride. We will follow the scenic trails to a local reindeer farm where you will get to experience a short and exciting reindeer sleigh ride. Afterwards, you can warm yourself up in a Lappish “Kota”, where hot Lappish berry juice and cookies are served for the guests. Here we will also take part in the mysterious Arctic Circle Ceremony.
- You will be awarded with the international reindeer driving license and the Arctic Circle crossing certificate
- Two adults ride on one snowmobile, single riding is available for an extra charge. Children travel in a sleigh pulled by your guide’s snowmobile
- For all the activities including snowmobiling we ask you to bring your driving licenses with you. Copies and photos of driving licenses are accepted
Duration of the program is 3 hours, including preparations.
- Return transfers from Rovaniemi city centre hotels
- Short stops throughout the tour to take photos of the beautiful scenery
- Snowmobile driving includes instructions and a safety briefing
- Visit to the reindeer farm, including a short sleigh ride (700 meters, about 5 minutes), hot juice and cookies, stories of the reindeer, the reindeer herder way of life and get to experience an Arctic Circle Ceremony. The time spent here is approximately 1 hour
- International Reindeer Driving License and the Arctic Circle Crossing Certificate
- Guidance is in English, other languages on request
Safari participants are held liable for damages caused to snowmobiles. The maximum amount of it is 900 €.
- The driver of a snowmobile has to be at least 15 years old and hold a valid driver license – A1, T, A or B category (please check that it is valid in Finland!)
- Warm clothes are included in the price
- Family-friendly tour