Snowmobiles are fantastic experience for you in Rovaniemi.
The most popular
This tour gives the opportunity to try out the most popular activities in Lapland, all through the same program: snowmobile safari, reindeer and husky rides. We start the tour by experiencing the snowmobiles, where you have a chance to ride your own snowmobile around the Arctic Circle area. We will make a stop at the local reindeer farm where you will get to experience a short but exciting reindeer sleigh ride. Whilst at the reindeer farm we will take part in a mysterious Arctic Circle Ceremony. After snowmobiling, we will go to the local husky camp to discover more about dog sledding in the Arctic areas. As the highlight of the experience, you will get to ride in a sled pulled by a team of excited, sporty and talkative huskies.
- Warm drinks are served at the same time as you hear stories about the dogs and the reindeers
- Two adults ride on one snowmobile, single riding is available for an extra charge. Children travel in a sleigh pulled by your guide’s snowmobile
- Duration of the program is 3 hours, including preparations. The riding time on snowmobiles is approximately 1 hour and 30 – 40 minutes.
Duration of the program is 4 hours, including preparations.
- Return transfers from Rovaniemi city centre hotels
- Snowmobile driving includes instructions and a safety briefing
- Visit to the reindeer farm, including a short sleigh ride, hot juice and cookies, stories of the reindeer and the reindeer herder way of life, and an Arctic Circle Ceremony. The time here is approximately 1 hour
- Visit to the husky farm and a sled ride pulled by a husky team (2 km, 7 – 10 minutes), hot juice and cookies, stories and interesting facts about the husky dog and its life. The time here is approximately 1 hour
- Guidance is in English, other languages on request
Safari participants are held liable for damages caused to snowmobiles. The maximum amount of it is 900 €.
- The driver of a snowmobile has to be at least 15 years old and hold a valid driver license – A1, T, A or B category (please check that it is valid in Finland!)
- Warm clothes are included in the price
- Family-friendly tour
- Short stops throughout the tour to take photos of the beautiful scenery