Aavasaksa is often considered the southernmost point in Finland where the midnight sun is highly visible. The hill is surrounded by rivers running next to it: Torne River to the west and the smaller Tengeliö river to the east and north. We also visit the Swedish village Övertorneå or Ylitornio as it is locally named, with the seat of Övertorneå Municipality being in the Norrbotten County, Sweden with 1,917 inhabitants in 2010.
VISIT TO SWEDEN AND AAVASAKSA
Half day nature tour with BBQ
The most popular
Suitable for everybody
- Aavasaksa is a sharp-edged hill in Ylitornio municipality in Finnish Lapland. It has an elevation of 242 metres (794 ft). Aavasaksa is famous for its sights both towards Finland and Sweden, and it is included on the list of the best national landscapes of Finland
- Emperor Alexander II of Russia visited the site in 1876 and the decorative hunting cabin Keisarinmaja is one of the most notable buildings on top of the hill
INCLUDED IN THE TOUR
Here you can check the list
You don’t need any experience or special equipment to come with us on this tour, just a sense of adventure.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Guided hiking trail
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Hot drinks and grilled sausages (or vegeterian patties) on open fire
Here you can read extra information
Don’t forget to bring a camera. You will see fantastic sights!
- The tour is especially reccomended for people who love adventure
- In Sweden we will see the old church, the building of old railway station and breath taking landscape
- You can book the tour in summer and autumn
- The route is relatively easy but requires basic physical fitness
- Family friendly tour
GET IN TOUCH!
Have any questions? Contact us!